Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, March 14, 2014

New Challenge at Playing in Paradise!

Hi everyone,

We have a new challenge up at Playing in Paradise that I hope you'll take a look at and maybe give a try!

Pam is hosting this month and would like us to use a black and white photo, a sepia photo, or a stamped image, and a POP of colour!


I created my POP of colour by laying down a base of crackle paint and then putting layers of different blue gelatos over top.  I blended the blues with water and then went over top of them with a white gelato which I left unblended for texture.

I also used a sketch by Tammy at Flying Unicorn to get the mojo flowing!


The mermaid was made using one of Julie Nutting's new stamps.  I stamped on scraps of paper for her hair and skin.


To make her tail, I stenciled some glitter snow molding paste over a stamped piece of watercolour paper, and then added layers of the same blue gelatos I used in the background.  I started with my lightest one first and worked up to the darkest.  After painting the blues, I went over the stenciling with a white gelato (rubbing it in with my finger) and finished off with Diamond Stickles.


In order to make her tail stand out from the background, I then went around the edges with my darkest blue and rubbed it in with my finger.


The chipboard title piece was painted with Old Silver Inka-gold, and dabbed here and there with Black Soot Distress Ink and ColorBox Bubble Blue ink.  Silver micro beads were glued to the bottom of the words.


I invite you to head over here to see the pieces that were created by the other design team members.  Click on their names and you will be taken to their blogs for further pictures and details of their project.




I hope you will give the challenge a try!

Wishing you lots of scrappy fun!
Linda

Supplies used:
Petaloo flowers
Prima crystal flourish
FabScraps chipboard title
Gelatos:  Aqua, Metallic Mint, Metallic Blueberry, Cotton Candy, Blueberry, and White
Old Silver Inka-gold
ColorBox Bubble Blue ink



4 comments:

  1. Thank You Linda, your mermaid is gorgeous. I have those stamps on my ever growing wish list. Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing LO Linda! I am always blown away by all the beautiful layers and details in your projects; thanks for sharing your how-to. Love your photo... and everything else too. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous Linda! I love all the details. Simply beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blue background! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete