Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Lovin' the Sun

Please go HERE to see the complete post on the Swirlydoos October Kit Club Reveal!!


This project was made for Swirlydoos' October Kit Reveal.  
To see more about the reveal, go here.


This layout is all about the warmth of the sun and good times with family.  In Alberta, our summers are short and our winters are long, so we have to enjoy the outdoors while we can!  I love this photo of my son with HIS son, and just had to scrap it!


For this layout I made use of the Finnibair Honeycomb Resist Canvas sheet that is included in the main kit.  I sprayed it randomly with Color Bloom "Gold Foil" and "Glistening Waves" mist.  Then I stamped it with a texture stamp from my stash and distressed and inked all the edges.  A final step was to mix some of the black Chalk paint from the Mediums Add On, with a little bit of water and splatter it along the bottom.  Then the canvas was glued to a piece of the Blue Fern paper that had also been sprayed with the Color Bloom mists.


Here you can see a piece of corrugated cardboard that I sprayed with the "Gold Foil" mist, glued on some black lace from the Embellishment Add On, and then glued the "Gold Leaf" Mica Flakes over top of that.  The edges of the photo were "pounced" with a small stencil brush, using the black Chalk Paint.


One of my favorite things from the Embellishment Add On, was the Ephemera Pack.  It was just loaded with cute little note cards and die cuts, that I used as background mats for the photo, as well as to create some interest up in the corner..


The flower came from the Flower Add On.  It was too light for this layout, so I sprayed it with the "Gold Foil" mist, and inked it lightly with "Black Soot" distress ink.  The leaves were die cut from the Cardstock Add On using Die-Namites "Leafy Flowers" and sprayed with a combination of "Gold Foil" and "Pressed Petal" mists.  






1 comment:

  1. Love how you used the Mica Chips, very pretty...I still have that canvas...going to try this!

    ReplyDelete